Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Sunshine of Joy






































Taken with Nikon D90 + Sigma 30mm f/1.4

A tiny little shoot adventure with Doldie at a newly discovered place near my area a month back or so. Credits to Des for the shots here. The boy is getting pretty good with the camera and I'm overjoyed that our adventure trips piqued his interest in photography. Look at Doldie, she is so much of a little baby and she never ever fails to amuse the both of us. I hope to document as much of Doldie as possible before time tears us apart someday since she's already 6 this year and not a little puppy anymore (however much she may seem to look like one). Des loves it when I make her wear this bathrobe instead of her dresses (or Hip Hop Hoodie as we like to call it...) because he thinks that she doesn't look like a girl in any way, which I fully agree given her aggressive nature. Can't help but think that she looks like a little Taekwondo fighter in this outfit.

This series reminds me of the livejournal/tumblr days... Those days were long gone and I've grown up so much over time. A little reminder to self to never look back.

Have yourself a happy August, guys! It's one of my favorite months of the year (: No prizes for guessing why!

xx


13 comments:

Elly said...

Aww.. Another perfect set of photos. Looking so sweet and blessed, not forgetting.. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

what lens would you recommend for a nikon d5000? :) to take shots like yours!

Anonymous said...

+1 for your top, +1 for your pretty face, +1 to beautiful photos, +1 for doldie (though i'm not a fan of dogs), and miss you over at livejournal x

Anonymous said...

do you own an external flashlight/would you recommend having one?

Fiona Sng said...

Elly!!! <: You're forever to nice and kind, really. Thank you (: Seeing your comment always brightens up my day! Much love to you xx

Anon: A good lens is important but it doesn't make all the difference.. Not trying to sound proud of anything at all, but the photographer does the job. Moreover, the editing plays a part in making the picture seem what it seems. That said, I use a Sigma 30mm so you could probably try that! <:

Harrrrrro Ruby!! I missed you over at LJ too.. but too bad that place has too much bad memories. ): I'm so sorry I'm such a bad friend in keeping up with your journal. + 100 brownie points for you because you're too sweet. Move over to Blogger with us babe <3

Anon: As of now, not yet. Yes.

Anonymous said...

hi fiona! are you still in woodlands area after moving your house? do a post on your new place & room! :)

Fiona Sng said...

Hello there! Do I know you? (: Haha how did you know I stayed in Woodlands area..? I would love to but not for my house, only for my room (cause I have no say in the other parts of the house and I don't like how it looks /: Hahaha) but sadly, it still isn't done yet as I don't have the time to get down to putting up my photo wall and all. I will get everything done asap when I'm having my holidays (which is in a few days' time) as well as get down to doing the magazine giveaway! (:

Anonymous said...

Hi fiona! What do you think of canon lenses/do you think lenses by other brands are better, as well as do you prefer canon over nikon dslrs and why :)

Fiona Sng said...

Hi, in all honesty, I'm in no good position to comment because I'm not a canon user but I know for sure that Canon's L lenses are superb. Third parties lenses may or may not be better, it all depends but I guess you could read up on that online through reviews and comparisons! Some of the third party lenses surprisingly does better than Canon/ Nikon's and is more value for money. As to whether I prefer Canon or Nikon, I'm honestly neutral. Both has it's pros and cons, which again, you can read up on them! I had wanted to get the 5DM3, and I was pretty set on buying that but I decided to stick to Nikon since I've been a Nikon user when I jumped on the DSLR bandwagon. However, I was an huge fan of Canon when I was still using a point-and-shoot and I forbid my friends from getting other brands, only Canon hahaha. (:

Anonymous said...

love your top!! where did you get it from?! :)

Fiona Sng said...

Hi, it's from Agneselle! <:

Ruiyi said...

Aiyoh you and your pooch so cute

Fiona Sng said...

(: HELLO RUIYI!!!!! So happy to see your comment! Too kind la, pooch cute! Not me hehe :B